Extraspace Solutions, a leading provider of modular accommodation, have received seven certificates for ‘Performance beyond Compliance’ on their construction sites within the past four months. Extraspace Solutions are registered with the Considerate Constructors Scheme, a UK based initiative, which aims to improve the image of construction within the UK. The scheme focuses on five areas relating to appearance, community, environment, safety and workforce. Each site is monitored against a Code of Considerate Practice, designed to encourage best practice beyond statutory requirements.
The ‘Performance Beyond Compliance’ Certificate is only issued when a site is awarded 7 marks (very good) or more in each of the categories audited by the Site Monitor. Extraspace Solutions have gone above and beyond the required scoring in each monitored section to receive certificates beyond compliance in the majority of their current sites.
The five categories monitored are as follows:
Enhancing the Appearance:
• Ensuring that the external appearance of sites enhances the image of the industry
• Being organised, clean & tidy
• Enhancing the appearance of facilities, stored materials, vehicles and plant
• Raising the image of the workforce by their appearance
Respecting the Community:
• Informing, respecting and showing courtesy to those affected by the work
• Minimising the impact of deliveries, parking and work on the public highway
• Contributing to and supporting the local community and economy
• Working to create a positive and enduring impression on the community and promoting the Code
Protecting the Environment:
• Identifying, managing and promoting environmental issues
• Seeking sustainable solutions and minimizing waste, carbon footprint and resources
• Minimising the impact of vibration, air, light and noise pollution
• Protecting the ecology, landscape, wildlife, vegetation and water courses
Securing everyone’s Safety:
• Having systems that care for the safety of the public, visitors and the workforce
• Minimising security risks to neighbours
• Having initiatives for continuous safety improvement
• Embedding attitudes and behaviours that enhance safety performance
Caring for the Workforce:
• Providing a workplace where everyone is respected, treated fairly, encouraged and supported
• Identifying personal development needs and promoting training
• Caring for health and wellbeing of the workforce
• Providing and maintaining high standards of welfare
Extraspace Solutions mission is to deliver innovative, environmentally efficient buildings, on time and on budget to the benefit of its customers, staff and the community at large.
We will continue to improve our sites and endeavor to obtain ‘Performance Beyond Compliance’ certificates on our sites in future.
Watch out for more updates on CCS in the coming months.