Building Sustainability at Extraspace Solutions
At Extraspace Solutions we strive towards excellence in all our activities, and we are committed to minimising the impact of our business activities on the environment.
Our strategy to achieve this is based on:
- Using sustainable materials and sustainable construction methods
- Creating sustainable modular buildings and building products
- Meeting or exceeding all environmental legislation relating to the company
- Minimising waste by evaluating our operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible, and actively promoting recycling both internally and among our customers and suppliers
- Minimising CO2 and toxic emissions in our production processes, including our distribution chains
BREEAM (BRE Environmental Assessment Method) is the leading and most widely used environmental assessment method for buildings.
It sets the standard for best practice in sustainable design and has become the de facto measure used to describe a building’s environmental performance.
BREEAM provides clients, developers, designers and others with:
- Market recognition for low environmental impact buildings
- Assurance that best environmental practice is incorporated into a building
- Inspiration to find innovative solutions that minimise the environmental impact
- A benchmark that is higher than regulation
- A tool to help reduce running costs, improve working and living environments
- A standard that demonstrates progress towards corporate and organisational environmental objectives
BREEAM addresses wide-ranging environmental and sustainability issues and enables developers and designers to prove the environmental credentials of their buildings to planners and clients. It:
- Uses a straightforward scoring system that is transparent, easy to understand and supported by evidence-based research
- Has a positive influence on the design, construction and management of buildings
- Sets and maintains a robust technical standard with rigorous quality assurance and certification
Extraspace has expanded in the UK market and has become market leader within the modular industry for the provision of high quality, sustainable buildings.
Extraspace Solutions has recently completed a BREEAM Excellent Building for Coleg Llandrillo in Wales. We are also contracted to complete a BREEAM Very Good building for St Peter’s Hospital, Chertsey.
Find out more about our approach to sustainable buildings and: