Production Process and Green Standards
At Extraspace Solutions, as part of our ongoing commitment to best practices and sustainability we make sure that in our production processes we:
- Fully comply with all relevant environmental legislation
- Minimise production of wastes at source
- Maximise recycling and reduce the amount of product and waste materials going towards landfill
- Ensure all wastes are stored, treated and disposed of in a responsible manner
- Minimise discharges to water, land and air
- Minimise CO2 and toxic emissions through reduced overall fuel consumption, moving from fossil fuels to renewable energy sources and replacing our vehicle fleet where practicable with lower-emission engines
Extraspace prides itself on its commitment to the environment. Our design and build projects are designed and built are based on the effective used of A & A+ rated materials according to the green guide.
We place a lot of emphasis on our ability to source recycled, recyclable and environmentally
friendly products. All of our timber suppliers are PEFC registered. As part of our annual vendor audits all registrations / certificates are checked and verified with the Forestry Council.